When you use Mansion Group properties or apps, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this in it's entirety, this overview highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Last Modified: September 22, 2018
Effective Date: September 22, 2018
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to users of Mansion Group's services anywhere in the world, including users of Mansion Group's apps, websites, features or other services.
- Members:¬†users who request or receive services from Mansion group including club members, real estate members, or others
- Partners: users/companies who Mansion engages into services agreements with as part of fulfilling on our member services.
This policy also applies to those who provide information to Mansion Group in connection with an application to use our services, or whose information Mansion Group otherwise receives in connection with its services (such as contact information of individuals associated with Mansion Group restaurant partners). All those subject to this policy are referred to as ‚Äúusers‚Äù for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
Mansion Group provides services to users throughout the United States. If you use our services in the United States, Mansion Group Inc. is the data controller for your information.
We process personal information inside of the United States.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by Mansion Group or its affiliates is:
Mansion Group Inc.
10919 Robinson Rock Court
Charlotte, NC 28277
Questions, comments and complaints about Mansion Group's data practices can be submitted to Mansion Group's data protection office through email at email@example.com.
We process personal information inside of the United States. Mansion Group transfers information of users' outside the United States on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws or when required for user safety or so compelled by government or law enforcement.
The Information We Collect
Mansion Group collects:
- Information that you provide to Mansion Group, such as when you create your Mansion Group account through our community advocates, our websites or one of our mobile apps.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
- Information from other sources, such as Mansion Group partners and third parties that use Mansion Group APIs.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Mansion Group:
Information you provide
This may include:
- User profile:¬†We collect information when you create or update your Mansion Group account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), government identification numbers such as Social Security number, driver‚Äôs license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of drivers when relevant or homeowners/renters insurance information. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Mansion Group account.
- Background check information:¬†We may collect background check information if you sign up to use Mansion Group as a tenant, landlord, or special services member. This may include information such as your driver history or criminal record (where permitted by law). This information may be collected by a vendor on Mansion Group‚Äôs behalf.
- Demographic data:¬†We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- Financial & Credit Data: We may collect information about you, including through third party partners, regarding your ability to pay and other financial and credit information. This information is used solely for the purpose of qualifying you for use of Mansion services in accordance with all applicable laws.
- User content:¬†We may collect information that you submit when you contact Mansion Group customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Mansion Group.
Information created when you use our services
This may include:
Depending on the Mansion Group services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a driver for one of our Mansion member vehicles, Mansion Group collects location information when the Mansion Group app is running in the foreground (app open and on-screen) or background (app open but not on screen) of your device.
- If you are a member and have provided permission for the processing of location data, Mansion Group collects location information when the Mansion Group app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, Mansion Group also collects this information when the Mansion Group app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Members may use the Mansion Group app without enabling Mansion Group to collect their location information. However, this may affect the functionality available on your Mansion Group app. For example, if you do not enable Mansion Group to collect your location information, you will have to manually enter your current location. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Mansion Group to collect your location information.
We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested or provided, your order details, delivery information, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, distance traveled, and payment method. Additionally, if someone uses your promotion code, we may associate your name with that person.
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or service you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our¬†Cookie Statement.
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
We enable users to communicate with each other and Mansion Group through the Mansion Group apps, websites, and other services. For example, we enable drivers and riders, and services partners and recipients, to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other). To provide this service, Mansion Group receives some information regarding the calls or texts, including the date and time of the call/text, and the content of the communications. Mansion Group may also use this information for customer support services (including to resolve disputes between users), for safety and security purposes, to improve our products and services and for analytics.
Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Mansion Group business partners through which you create or access your Mansion Group account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Mansion Group‚Äôs APIs or whose API Mansion Group uses (such as AirBnB or Nest APIs).
- Insurance providers (if you are a member and are so required to provide this information).
- Financial services providers.
- The owner of an Mansion Group for Business or Mansion Group Family profile that you use.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
Mansion Group may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
Mansion Group collects and uses information to enable a convenient and connected experience for our users across our family of products. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
Mansion Group does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
Mansion Group uses the information it collects for purposes including:
Providing services and features
Mansion Group uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Find relevant offers and properties for you.
- Enable transportation, deliveries, and other services to our members.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- Offer, obtain, provide or facilitate insurance or financing solutions in connection with our services.
- To track the progress of your services.
- Enable features that allow you to share information with other people, such as when you submit a complaint about a service provider or property, refer a friend to Mansion Group, split costs, or share your location.
- Enable features to personalize your Mansion Group account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous providers.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Screening tenants and partners prior to enabling their use of our services and at subsequent intervals, including through reviews of background checks where permitted by law, to prevent use of our services by unsafe members.
- our Real-Time ID Check feature, which prompts members to share a selfie before entering a property or a shared vehicle. This helps ensure that the member using the app matches the Mansion Group account we have on file, preventing fraud and helping to protect other users.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process.
- Using user ratings to encourage improvement by affected users, and as grounds for deactivating users with ratings below a certain minimum as may be required in their region. Calculation and deactivation may be done through an automated decision making process.
Mansion Group uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate insurance and finance solutions in connection with our services.
Communications among users
Mansion Group uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a member may text or call another member to confirm a location, or a restaurant or services partner may call a member with information about their order.
Communications from Mansion Group
Mansion Group may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Mansion Group may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an Mansion Group user.
Mansion Group may also use the information to inform you about elections, ballots, referenda and other political and policy processes that relate to our services.
Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of Mansion Group's services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of Mansion Group's products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
Mansion Group may share the information we collect:
With other users
- For example, if you are a member, we may share your first name, average rating given by other members, and payment history data with other relevant members.
- If you are a services member/partner, we may share information with the relevant member including your name and photo; vehicle make, model, color, license plate, and vehicle photo; location; average rating provided by other members; total number of jobs completed; for how long you have been using the Mansion Group app; and contact information (depending upon applicable laws). If you choose to complete a provider profile, we may also share any information associated with that profile, including information that you submit and compliments that past riders have submitted about you. The member recipient will also receive a receipt containing information such as a breakdown of amounts charged, your first name, photo, detailed description of the services completed, and a map of the route you took to their property.
At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request.¬†For example, we may share your ETA and location with a friend at your request, or your trip information when you split a fare with a friend.
- Mansion Group business partners.¬†For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Mansion Group may share your information with those third parties. This may include, for example, other apps or websites that integrate with our APIs, suppliers, or services, or those with an API or service with which we integrate, or business partners with whom Mansion Group may partner with to deliver a promotion, a contest or a specialized service.
With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users¬†-- including through public forums such as Mansion Group blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
With the owner of Mansion Group accounts that you may use
If you use a profile associated with another party we may share your information with the owner of that profile.
With Mansion Group subsidiaries and affiliates
We share information with our subsidiaries and affiliates to help us provide our services or conduct data processing on our behalf. For example, Mansion Group processes and stores information in the United States on behalf of its international subsidiaries and affiliates.
With Mansion Group service providers and business partners
Mansion Group may provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. This may include, for example:
- Payment processors and facilitators.
- Landlords or property owner organizations.
- Homeowners Associations or Condo Owner Associations in which you are applying or live.
- Background check providers (drivers and delivery partners only).
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with Mansion Group or on Mansion Group‚Äôs behalf.
- Vendors that assist Mansion Group to enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
- Fleet partners.
- Insurance and financing partners.
- Restaurant partners.
- Property solution vendors or third party suppliers.
For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Mansion Group may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities, airports (if required by the airport authorities as a condition of operating on airport property), or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect Mansion Group‚Äôs rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services. If you use another person‚Äôs credit card, we may be required by law to share information with that credit card holder, including trip information.
This also includes sharing your information with others in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company.
With your consent
Mansion Group may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
Mansion Group retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your Mansion Group account.
Mansion Group retains transaction, location, usage and other information for 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance or other requirements in the places in which it operates. Mansion Group thereafter deletes or anonymizes such information in accordance with applicable laws.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, Mansion Group deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
Mansion Group requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your Mansion Group account.
Mansion Group retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Mansion Group's services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, Mansion Group takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the Mansion Group app, or via Mansion Group's website, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following such request, Mansion Group deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Mansion Group may be unable to delete your account, such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Mansion Group will delete your account as described above.
Mansion Group may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users' safety and security. For example, if Mansion Group shuts down a user's account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Mansion Group may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Mansion Group account in the future.
Choice And Transparency
Mansion Group provides means for you to see and control the information that Mansion Group collects, including through:
- in-app privacy settings
- device permissions
- in-app ratings pages
- marketing opt-outs
You may also request that Mansion Group provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
The Privacy Settings menu in the Mansion Group member app gives users the the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Mansion Group. Information on these settings, how to set or change these settings, and the effect of turning off these settings are described below.
- Location Information
- Mansion Group uses member's device location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable ride whenever you need one and to locate properties in your area or other Mansion events. Location data helps improve our services, including suggestions, Mansion member rides, navigation, and customer support.
- You may enable/disable, or adjust, Mansion Group's collection of member location information at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Mansion Group app, or via the settings on your mobile device. If you disable the device location services on your device, your use of the Mansion Group app will be affected. In addition, location information will be collected from the driver during your trip and linked to your account, even if you have not enabled Mansion Group to collect your location information.
- Share Live Location (Members)
- If you have enabled the device location services on your mobile device, you may also enable Mansion Group to share your location with the Mansion courtesy driver from the time you request a ride to the start of your trip. This makes it easier for your driver to pick you up.
- You may enable/disable location sharing with your driver at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Mansion Group app. You may use the Mansion Group app if you have not enabled location sharing, but it may be more difficult for your driver to locate you.
- Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
- Mansion Group provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Mansion Group app, and cannot be disabled. However, you may choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the Mansion Group app.
- Notifications: Discounts and News
- You may enable Mansion Group to send you push notifications about discounts and news from Mansion Group. You may enable/disable these notifications at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Mansion Group app.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Mansion Group app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the Mansion Group app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
After every provider interaction, members and partner providers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the interaction went. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both drivers and riders.
Your member rating is available in the main menu of the Mansion Group Member app.
Your provider rating is available in the Ratings tab of the Mansion Group Partner app.
EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that Mansion Group:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Mansion Group has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information Mansion Group has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that Mansion Group has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting Mansion Group email@example.com
You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Mansion Group's apps. You can also look up your services, orders and transaction history in the Mansion Group apps.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Mansion Group¬†here. You may also opt out of receiving emails and other messages from Mansion Group by following the instructions in those messages. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your rides or information about your account
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Mansion Group apps or through others means, such as email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.